Tuesday, July 9, 2013

[Europe trip] Station 4 : Vienna

Posted by Unknown at 9:21:00 AM
Browsed back my photo on FB, found my Europe trip albums, realized that it had been 2 years since I back from the trip! And I still miss the trip so much until today. Decided to write posts of my Europe trip but I stopped writing after the third station (http://pet-sim.blogspot.com/2011/10/europe-trip-station-3-prague.html). Today, I feel like to continue my writings on my Europe trip! Wanted to recall my memories on that and tell myself that the posts for the trip must be completed until the last station. Hope that the memories in my brain still fresh :) 

So, let's continue the journey! The fourth station: Vienna, the capital of Republic of Austria and also one of the romantic cities in the world. We saw many people kissing and cuddling all the way. Definitely can't see this kind of scene here. How romantic! We walked around Vienna city after our first meal there. We saw an ice cream shop and the shop was crowded. The yogurt ice cream looked so delicious. Our 'King' was so kind because he bought his 'queens' ice cream! The ice cream really chilled us up since the weather at Vienna was hot! Thanks so so much!!! I still remember how nice the ice cream was :D By the way, our ‘king’ had got married and has his very first princess this year. Congratulation! 

Our generous 'king' was paid for the ice cream. His face expression showed that how much the ice cream cost XD 
The tired but happy me. By the way, it was me 2 years ago :)

Next, sightseeing time! 

Museum of Fine Arts (Kunsthistorisches Museum)

The statue outside Museum of Fine Arts (Kunsthistorisches Museum)

Me and Karyin. Miss her so much :)

Museum of Fine Arts (Kunsthistorisches Museum) in the night time

We spent a really great night and had a good rest at the inn. I still remember the inn called ‘Do Step Inn’, near the westbahnhof train station. The rooms are comfy and there are really nice common area and shared kitchen. The next day, we spent our day at The Hofburg Palace, St Stephen’s Cathedral, and Museum of Fine Arts (Kunsthistorisches Museum).

The Hofburg Palace


The Hofburg Palace has a fantastic architecture. This place is enormous! Europe trip did train us in walking. We really walked a lot during the trip!

In Vienna, we can see lots of horse carriage. For many tourists, a ride with the two-horse carriage is one of the highlights. We are tourists, but poor tourists, so we walked! In fact, the ride with horse carriage really expensive! >.<

The street view

The famous mozart chocolate in Vienna

Street performers can be found everywhere on the streets.

St Stephen’s Cathedral





The mini St Stephen’s Cathedral 


St. Stephen's Cathedral is located at Stephansplatz and is the most important Catholic Church in Vienna (Of course, I knew this from web :P). It has a multi-colored tile roof with a diamond pattern and two tall towers which are the most recognizable symbols of the city. The cathedral is beautiful inside and outside, but sadly when we were there the cathedral was in process of external restoration. Anyway, it did impress us! 

WeiWei, ChenPin and Me !

Entrance ticket for Museum of Fine Arts (Kunsthistorisches Museum) 


Visiting museums is a MUST when you are in Vienna, so do we. Forgot how much the ticket cost, but it was well worth visiting. Museum of Fine Arts (Kunsthistorisches Museumis an art museum with lots of masterpieces  Of course, none of us know about ART very well. We just went through all the well displayed masterpieces  However, the surroundings and the interior looked stunning!



The interior looks gorgeous, right?

Some of the master pieces. I really wonder what are the meanings behind all the drawings.

Coins collections can be found in the museum as well.

The next day, we woke up quite early in the morning and headed to the Spanish Riding School for this morning exercise. Not our morning exercise is the horses’ exercise. Should have watch the performance at night but we did not have times for that. We experienced the training of the famous Lipizzan ballet with classical Viennese music (yes, the horses performed ballet dance!) in the Imperial Palace. The horses there can walk gracefully and they looked really elegant. The morning exercise is quite boring because the horses don’t really do much, but not bad at least we did experience something different. By the way, photo shooting and filming are forbidden inside, I snapped photos secretly and here are the photos. 


Morning exercise from Spanish Riding School 

Headed to our next station, Munich after the morning exercise show. Vienna overall is a romantic and beautiful city with its impressive architecture. Hope to visit again if got chance.  

Finished the fourth station, six more stations left. I should really speed up on my writings because memories start to fade as time passes. Getting older, I guess. Haha… So, pictures and writings always the best way to keep all those memorable moments. 

Saw a phrase stated that 'The WORST thing write is better than the BEST thing that you did not write!'. Therefore, Keep on writing, I say to myself :) 


p/s: I have no ideas why my wordings become like this when I published my post :(


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

p-S's w.o.r.l.d. Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos