Monday, October 15, 2012

Me vs Career

Posted by Unknown at 9:11:00 PM
“Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.”  ― Groucho Marx

Saw this on web, just feels like it's just nice to use this phrase as the opening of my first October blogspot. Say 'HI' to October ! And gosh, there are 2 more weeks left for October! 

Nothing special recently, others than work. Had been shifted into new environment for a month. So far, not too good nor too bad.

Boss, manager and colleagues treat me quite well. Boss sent me for course even I just joined the company for a week. Truly appreciated. I been employed as a chemist, if I am not mistaken (?). But not much testing that I need to do daily. Basically, my job scope is about quality control, mostly on handling documents. I need to verify testing methods but I don't even know how's the testing is going on. By the way, I am doing R&D as well. R&D without any references and guidance. Sound interesting, but I do not think so.

But thanks God, I still manage to proceed with those testing today. Although it failed several times. And, my testing was finally succeed. I learnt from mistakes.Feels great when I finally get the results. But at the same time, I feels damn regret that didn't pay attention in practical, as well as lecture when I was in college. Now I know that all those knowledge and experiences are actually useful. Suddenly, I feels like I should really go back to college and study well. Perhaps, drag out all my old notes and study again. 

Actually I am still questioning myself today, am I suitable to be in this field? Or am I good enough to be a chemist? Frankly speaking, I never thought of be a chemist when I was a kid, or even when I was a student of Chemistry & Biology. Then why do I choose this course??? Friends that are close with me sure heard of this question before because I kept on asking until today. I still couldn't figure out 'why'. Still the lame reason I think, this course sound 'professional' although it's not my interest.

I know it's too late to regret, however, nothing else can do now others than change my job. But ...... forget about it at the moment. I am still 'fresh'. I am the kind of people that feels insecure when facing uncertainty and stuffs that I am not familiar. Being a chemist make me feels that. That's one of the reasons why am I still questioning myself. I guess, I am lost.

Anyway, life is still move on. I still need to work for life. Fortunately, it's still not too bad. I am trying my best to learn, to adapt and to survive in such environment. Last but not least, I am trying to love my job as well! It's not that difficult for me, because I am tough enough! I can do it! *wink*  

One day, I will be proud to tell you that I am a CHEMIST :)







0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

p-S's w.o.r.l.d. Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos